Learning by sharing with Ms Casey's classes
Lets start working together:
A) Forming groups and making discussion forums:
1. Students should organise themselves into groups. Each group should have a name relating to the topic being covered. eg If the topic is 'what's in your closet?' then a group name may be 'Jumpers' or 'Sox'. No two groups can have the same name!
2. Each group should allocate one member to make a discussion forum for their group in the section below. They should also list the initial members of the group (using their fake names).
3. Once a discussion forum is formed any student can join that forum - you may be a member of more than one group but this will mean you must contribute to more than one discussion forum.
B) Each member should (in their discussion forum space):
1. Introduce yourself - write a little about the things you like and what you do in your spare time (do not give any private information).
2. Write a paragraph describing your closet.
3. Take a picture of what you are wearing today - photos should not include your head. Email the photo to your WebtoWhere email address (shown under 'Settings' under 'Mobile Uploads'). This send the photo directly to this Ning. Use can use your phone or perhaps your teachers phone if availale to take the picture and email it directly to the your webtowhere email address.
4. Take a picture of your closet during the week and also upload it to your webtowhere email address.
Your photos will not appear automatically, your teacher will need to moderate any uploaded photos. Once moderated these will appear in the 'Photos' area of the Ning (click of the PHOTOS links at the top of this page). Remember to write appropriate tags for your photo eg school uniform, closet, GHS (or your school) etc
One student group has made their own group rather than a discussion forum - they can be found at http://webtowhere.ning.com/group/the-big-happy-closet-thingy-majigy
Add a Comment